Incinolet electric head

Sailingfun

Member III
Hi there!
Evaluating this head for my 47' trawler.
Does somebody use this head?
Seems to be the perfect solution for a boat.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sounds like you need a strong supply of AC power. 20 amp circuit.
Per their site:
"Power Consumption
One complete cycle uses about 1 1/2 to 2 kilowatt hours of electricity. Because you can use INCINOLET any time during the cycle, your “per use” cost is lower. "

Might be OK for a land habitat with an outside AC supply, and for a larger boat or RV with a good-sized gen set.

The rest of us would need to catch a lightning bolt like Marty in "Back to the Future" ! :)

Sailingfun

Member III
Interesting... I found a comparative test with a different brand. This one ended almost at the end. Seems like under full load, cannot incinerate the whole enchilada, pardon my french... ;)

Sailingfun

Member III
Sounds like you need a strong supply of AC power. 20 amp circuit.
Per their site:
"Power Consumption
One complete cycle uses about 1 1/2 to 2 kilowatt hours of electricity. Because you can use INCINOLET any time during the cycle, your “per use” cost is lower. "

Might be OK for a land habitat with an outside AC supply, and for a larger boat or RV with a good-sized gen set.

The rest of us would need to catch a lightning bolt like Marty in "Back to the Future" ! :)
Actually, I know this product because were installed on a lot of Bayliner during the '80... of course, those Bayliner used to come as standard with a 6.5w Genset.... We have a 10 Kw Genset and when we're at the marina, it's not a problem. I tried to avoid replace or touch any other head hose in my life (I still having nightmares from the last one, one year ago...)