• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Incinolet electric head

Sailingfun

Member III
Hi there!
Evaluating this head for my 47' trawler.
Does somebody use this head?
Seems to be the perfect solution for a boat.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sounds like you need a strong supply of AC power. 20 amp circuit.
Per their site:
"Power Consumption
One complete cycle uses about 1 1/2 to 2 kilowatt hours of electricity. Because you can use INCINOLET any time during the cycle, your “per use” cost is lower. "

Might be OK for a land habitat with an outside AC supply, and for a larger boat or RV with a good-sized gen set.

The rest of us would need to catch a lightning bolt like Marty in "Back to the Future" ! :)

Sailingfun

Member III
Interesting... I found a comparative test with a different brand. This one ended almost at the end. Seems like under full load, cannot incinerate the whole enchilada, pardon my french... ;)

Sailingfun

Member III
Sounds like you need a strong supply of AC power. 20 amp circuit.
Per their site:
"Power Consumption
One complete cycle uses about 1 1/2 to 2 kilowatt hours of electricity. Because you can use INCINOLET any time during the cycle, your “per use” cost is lower. "

Might be OK for a land habitat with an outside AC supply, and for a larger boat or RV with a good-sized gen set.

The rest of us would need to catch a lightning bolt like Marty in "Back to the Future" ! :)
Actually, I know this product because were installed on a lot of Bayliner during the '80... of course, those Bayliner used to come as standard with a 6.5w Genset.... We have a 10 Kw Genset and when we're at the marina, it's not a problem. I tried to avoid replace or touch any other head hose in my life (I still having nightmares from the last one, one year ago...)