• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Install a windlass on my anchor locker hatch?

Mikebat

Member III
Check this message in another thread: http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showpost.php?p=9967&postcount=2

The last photo in that post, the one with all the Vikings standing on the dock, shows an Ericson in the foreground that seems to have a windlass installed in the forepeak anchor locker hatch. How does this arrangement work? Is the person who owns that boat reading this? Did you somehow seal the hatch shut, or does it work with just the latch closed, even with the strain of raising the anchor? I figured I'd have to cut a hole for a windlass in the deck behind the locker, and run a conduit for the rode to a new anchor locker I'd make room for in the area under the V-berth.

But if I don't have to go to all that trouble, I don't want to!

While I'm at it, on my 32-200, the anchor roller is integrated with the forestay chainplate. On the port side of this steel part, opposite the roller, there are two inverted hooks. Are these intended for some purpose? What are they for?

Last edited: