• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

interior portlight covers

jim kizziar

Member I
I own a 1986 ER -35 III and need to replace the plastic covers on my Lewmar portlights, which have deteriorated with age. I have been told they are no longer available. anyone have a source for these covers?

Ed Balun

Member I
Hi. I understand your frustration. We have a 1987 E-32-3. Two of our interior trim rings are decayed as well. I purchased some plastic tape in beige and placed that over the damaged spots. It isn't ideal, but it looks better then it did. Also, you can replace the one that bothers you the most with the one in your aft quarter berth. That one never gets any sun and should be fine..Where is your boat located? We are in Kemah.

jim kizziar

Member I
thanks for the suggestion. I take it you're also without a source for the port covers. our Ericson is landlocked on Canyon Lake between San Antonio and New Braunfels, Texas. I wonder if a plastics company could duplicate the covers at a reasonable cost (I realize with sailboats there is no such thing), particularly if there was enough interest for a larger order?

escapade

Inactive Member
Jim;
The big problem with getting replacement plastic covers made is the cost of the metal mold needed to make them. These can run several thousand dollars to manufacture alone! Has anyone contacted Lewmar to see if the molds still exist or where they purchased the rings to see if that manufacture still has them? I have an E34 that has a broken one, also. Keep me posted. Bud