• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Painting Interlux Bilgekote

All equipment related to the repainting of Bottom, Deck & Hull. Includes non-skid. Excludes brightwork.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
This what I used when I painted the interior spaces of my boat. Epoxy-based and needing of a respirator when you apply it, this stuff wears like iron, and totally encapsulates dirt/mold, etc.

//sse

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Sean, any recommendation for painting deck over worn gelcoat ?
Not from me, but I am certain someone here is about to make a new entry for that product....and will respond to your question with a nice x-ref....

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We just had our deck repainted with a new Awlgrip product, with 'glass beads' in the non skid areas. After the new non skid material was on, it was clear coated to slightly 'soften' the feel. It's still a bit rough on knees, but after a decade of coping with smooth and dangerous "non skid" we really like the safety now. Note that the was part of the whole grinding down and repainting of the whole deck. The approach might be different if you are only redoing the non skid areas.

Jamiem

Member II
My wife and I replaced our non-skid with Kiwigrip last year and love it.
Good: Easy to apply with texture adjustment by waiting a bit before final rolling
Can repair damaged spots without redoing whole section.
Bad: Easy to miss or have thin spots (we used white paint) if you don't pay close attention. Best to put down a bit more than you think you need.

Have damaged a couple of spots as I did other deck repairs and fixed Kiwigrip up easy. As noted above it is still unpleasant to put your knees on !