• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Is this you in RI ?

Steve

Member III
Finally getting around to posting a couple of random sail-by photos of boats (Ericson) we ran across this summer while transiting Rhode Island for a few days. The first two are in Dutch Harbor (Spirt?) while the last was from inside Wickford Harbor near Brewers (Triad). Neither one made contact with us, perhaps not enough visual beer on deck that day ??? It's always fun to randomly come across another Viking. There is more then we think out there! We ran as far north as the USS MA, over to Bristol then back down to Newport and back out to sea over to Block for the great anchor swing pond fun! Also great diesel price over in Pt Judith on the eastern commercial side, takes about a minute to fill your tank! Worth coming back for...

Steve

Attachments

• DSCF4747.jpg
    DSCF4747.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF4741.jpg
    DSCF4741.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF4759.jpg
    DSCF4759.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 98

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Not me but, that first one does not looks right. The cove stripe is very Ericson like but the transom and portlights are not right. Is this a model I am not familiar with?

Steve

Member III
So much for the zoom

Could be my bad, it was full zoom, 10x, we weren't at all close, other side of the anchorage. Perhaps the thought counts?

"TRIAD" was close, clearly a Viking. Actually that photo would make for a great photo caption contest, an Admiral Captain saga...!

Steve

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Glad you enjoyed RI waters. There is some great sailing here. Honestly, thats the only reason I stay! :p There are actually 3 Ericsons in Wickford harbor and, IIRC, 3 more in Dutch. One is owned by JohnK on this board. There are quite a few Ericsons in Narragansett Bay. I have seen 10+ different boats just this season. Its always nice to see that Helmet on the sail. RT