• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

It's o.k., tell me I'm a sucker.....for a $40 gizmo/kit

1911tex

Sustaining Member
For installing cam-cleats, etc. on mast and boom and misc.:
At least it's on PayPal for my buyers remorse !

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Looks like you still need to source some SS riv-nuts. Their "carbon steel" inserts will corrode quickly in a marine or outdoor environment.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Thank you Loren...carbon steel blew right by me! I could have gone to H/D for the tool and saved money! Live and learn.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
For quality parts, that I know have been vetted for reliability, I like to check with these folks:

Price is higher, but their customers really hate to have their planes fall out of the sky. :(

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Looks like you still need to source some SS riv-nuts. Their "carbon steel" inserts will corrode quickly in a marine or outdoor environment.
and Loren...just talked with my A/E, I/A and he said the SS riv-nuts must be the twist-resistant (ribbed body) variety! He showed me the difference. Spinning riv-nuts = no bueno! .... This old fart never stops learning!

Last edited:

ConchyDug

Member III

This rivet gun is $19.99 and will pull just about any blind rivet you'd use on a sailboat. Honestly riv-nuts are garbage and are a pain to remove if they start spinning. They are great for holding aircraft interiors up though.

ConchyDug

Member III

Just remembered this tool! I use one all the time for skid shoes on helicopters.

If you want a proper riv-nut tool this will pull aluminum/steel riv-nuts all day and lets you re-seat spinning ones if you are lucky. The lever action pullers will leave you sucking wind when you attempt a steel riv-nut.