• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Keel Crank

CBessich

I am sure it should not be twisted, but sometimes the line might not be uncoiled flat when installed and it will twist later. This happens with the multipart systems on mainsheets and vangs, also.
So I should take the line out and untwist it? The boat is currently on a trailer so I don't think I'll lose the keel... It's all new to me.

gabriel

Live free or die hard
So I should take the line out and untwist it? The boat is currently on a trailer so I don't think I'll lose the keel... It's all new to me.
The line will re-twist itself no matter what. Can be somewhat mitigated by rotating the rope in the necessary direction from the mast base. Leaving the centerboard raised for long periods so the weight is on the line makes the twist permanent.

If not equipped, i recommend a centerboard rest like this one:

FE52DD88-13AF-4F01-92F6-8C78448D45C7.jpeg

CBessich

The line will re-twist itself no matter what. Can be somewhat mitigated by rotating the rope in the necessary direction from the mast base. Leaving the centerboard raised for long periods so the weight is on the line makes the twist permanent.

If not equipped, i recommend a centerboard rest like this one:

View attachment 40125
Thank you! Hopefully I will get her in the water soon and she won't need to rest on the trailer...