• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Kenyon gooseneck

Kranich

E38 owner since 2009
WANTED: Kenyon gooseneck

Would anybody per chance have a spare Kenyon gooseneck K-43002 and be willing to part with it? I believe they came on E34, E35, and E38s. They are for the Kenyon 3756 booms. Here's the link: https://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Kenyon_Spars/3756-boom.php#3756 Internal Gooseneck Assemblies

I have had one on order with Rigrite for 6 months now and they just don't seem to make them anymore. I've been calling every month and every time I'm told it'd 3-4 weeks out. Oh well.

Thanks for looking and for your consideration!
Peter

Last edited:

Kranich

E38 owner since 2009
Thanks for your reply Christian! It's definitely beyond repair. I bit the bullet and have a local machine shop fabricate a new one. At least I get to make some design changes that I wanted. I also feel much better supporting a local guy rather then paying sucky rigrite ;-)

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Do let us know how it turns out. Any drawings or CAD files to allow fabrication of these old goosenecks would be invaluable to the forum membership.

Kranich

E38 owner since 2009
Quick update on my gooseneck. After Kenyon/RigRite didn't come through with a replacement gooseneck I had Svendsen's/Bay Marine in Richmond, CA rebuild it. Basically, they re-used the piece that attaches to the boom and re-made the rest out of stainless steel. We changed the design a bit so that I now can have up to 5 lines (instead of 3) running through the boom. They completely overbuild it and if I had to do it again I would have had them use thinner steel. It's heavy as hell but probably won't break again. At the end of the day, the price was about the same as a replacement from RigRite.

Incidentally, RigRite called yesterday and told me that they now have a gooseneck available (K-43002). I called and they just have one. So if you need a new one and want the original replacement call them quickly. Who knows when they have them again.

Enjoy the pics!
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2749.jpeg
    IMG_2749.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3452.jpeg
    IMG_3452.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 61