• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Larger Batteries in 32-3?

tadslc

Member III
Anyone install larger house batteries in a 32-3? If so, where did you mount them?

The built in "battery box" under the quarter berth only holds 2 of the small Group 24 batteries and I'd like to install larger house batteries. I'd even thought about cutting out this battery box to get a larger, deeper location.

Also, since the T-105 6V batteries seem to be approx the same length and width but 2" taller than the Group 24's modifying the cover to accommodate might be an idea.

I do have a separate start battery under the port settee but this is another Group 24.

Idea's Welcome, Thanks

Tad

Dan Callen

Contributing Member III
Larger Batteries in An Ericson 32-3

Tad- I have an Ericson 32-3 and have installed two golf cart batteries under the port settee. I installed them as close to the center line as I could get so the weight is more in line with the keel. This has really worked out well and still leaves plenty of storage. I left my starting battery in the original location. Dan Callen Ericson 32-3 Andiamo.

tadslc

Member III
Thanks Dan,

I'm trying to imagine them fitting there due to height issues. Is it on the port side of the table or the one forward of the chart table?

Tad

jgarmin098

Member II
I have an '88 32-3 and did exactly as Dan did. I installed the T-125s ten years ago in a Blue Seas box designed specifically for golf cart batteries.

As of this season, I need to replace those batteries. I figure I got my money's worth out of them...

Last edited:

pick

Member II
I have a starting battery and one house battery in the original spots under the quarter berth and two additional house batteries located to the right side of the engine-transmission about under the wastepaper basket area. The house batteries are group 27s, but group 31s will fit. They are a bear to check water levels and add water. I have to use a syringe with plastic tubing. I'm thinking of getting batteries which are easier to service when I replace them.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Mike, I should remember this... but I forget stuff...
Is your "house bank" three 12-volt batteries connected in parallel?
(That would be about a third larger than my pair-o-golf-carts.)
?
Loren