• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Leaking Lewmar Hatch

Leon Sheean

Member II
After replacing the "O" rings on the hatch 'dogs' the smaller (13 x 17 inch) forward hatch is still leaking. The leak seems to be coming around the gasket between the metal frame and the (intaact/non-cracked) gasket. Is it possible to carefully remove the gasket from the acrylic lens, and re-seal it to the lens? If so, how?! If not, where is a source of replacement gasket material?

Thank you.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Depending on what model Lewmar hatch it is Select Plastics may sell the gasket material. I think they mention somewhere on their site that it isn't easy to replace.

I replaced the O-rings on both my hatches and the main hatch still leaks. I think it is coming from between the base flange and the cabin top; needs to be rebedded.

Leon Sheean

Member II
Lewmar Hatch Gasket Replacement

I did contact Select Plastics and they will sell gasket material and adheasive compound to repair my 1988 hatch.

On their web site they state "A pain in the neck to install, but you asked and we will sell it to you. Don't call and say you can't put it in. I told you it was difficult! "

Has anyone done this? Has anyone detailed a sucessful installation?

Thank you.