• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Letting go...

rgraham

Member II
How do you let go of a boat that has been in your life for more a than a third of it. This is something I’m coming to terms with or trying to. I’ve put my Ericson RH 36 up for sale, knowing that this is admitting to myself, that some of my previous dreams are not going to happen. For me this boat has represented freedom, being able to just escape reality by leaving on a sailing adventure, and above all hope. Hope in the future that hopefully, will be better than the past or present. I’ve pored more blood, sweat, and tears (as well as boat bucks) as the saying goes than I care to think about, while chasing a dream. I’ve never really sailed my boat much it has been this unending project that is never quite ready. I’ve spent more time sailing in other people’s boats or on charters than I’ll ever sail on mine. My boat was an outlet something to rebuild and bring back to its former glory a hobby, so to speak, to occupy my mind. It has been a constant in my life while friends as well as family members have died and lovers have moved on. Then instead of a dream it has become another possession that is being neglected, that deserves a new owner who will cherish and keep this mistress in the style she deserves. So now I have to let go of a love that has outlasted many other in my life.

Robert

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
it has become another possession that is being neglected, that deserves a new owner who will cherish and keep this mistress

I think you have the answer.