Longest Original Ericson Owner...

kapnkd

kapnkd
From information over the years and especially on the EYO site, it was learned some time back that I was basically the SECOND longest ORIGINAL OWNER of an Ericson Yacht. (Mine since ‘73.)

QUITE the honor to say the least and MORE SO ironically to know THE longer original owner was but within 25 miles of me at the Monroe Boat Club here in MI!

Although we have (regretfully) never met, I have seen his Ericson at their club when visiting on cruises and co-sponsored racing activities with our two clubs.

Now, ..I am hearing that I, with sad regrets, may have just become THE longest ORIGINAL Ericson owner on record as his boat has been sold and again offered for sale. (???)

I was sent this today, which would kind of confirm it all - at least for an E-32 at any rate — for us LONG TIME original Ericson owners.
BD114163-6CF7-4176-8CA0-D76C2EB38759.png

Interested to know - Who else out there has bought, loved and owned an Ericson along with me for a long time?????

Darn!!! ...All this REALLY means is I’m getting REALLY old along with our boat!! ;)

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
From the comments seen around here for the last 20 years I suspect that Ericson owners tend to keep their boats a long time.
We are not even close to you in longevity, but did buy our boat (from the first owner) in 1994.
Perhaps our boats help to "keep us young" (well, young at heart... anyway!)
:egrin:

kapnkd

kapnkd
From the comments seen around here for the last 20 years I suspect that Ericson owners tend to keep their boats a long time.
We are not even close to you in longevity, but did buy our boat (from the first owner) in 1994.
Perhaps our boats help to "keep us young" (well, young at heart... anyway!)
:egrin:
Hey Loren!

Amen! ...That they do and have done.

Pride of ownership of “A Proper Yacht” as the old cliche is what I have always felt I have owned with pride.

No doubt, it is the same mantra for so many of us other Ericson owners regardless of the length of ownership.

I simply overbought size wise back in the day while in pursuit of a 27. We grew into her quickly and later realized she was still THE perfect size for OUR family needs and purposes over the many years of ownership.

...So many sailing friends of mine moved up in size and then later moved back down in later years for multiple rational reasons.

Looking back, ...the E-35-III would have been an even more excellent and PERFECT boat. Regardless, at my now older age, our old 32 fits like a comfortable old soft and well worn glove! Still easy to handle for the wife and I, not to mention,
care for maintenance wise.

Besides, although in reality, an inanimate object, ...IT IS FAMILY to us after all these years. She’s still a keeper with a heart and soul that has given us SO MANY cherished memories of fun, excitement, adventure and kinship.

She was a VERY integral part of shaping my son’s life with his own abilities in self confidence, leadership, communications and relating to others than his age group with the common denominator of sailing as an equal.

ALL this from one GREAT boat!!!