• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for an E27

artsdean

After extensive web research, I have decided that the E27 is the boat for me! I know of a number for sale in the northeast, through boats.com, sailnet, soundingsonline, etc., but I wonder if any Ericson owners out there are contemplating moving up or out.

I will sail the boat on the south coast of Cape Cod primarily.

Thanks, and I look forward to joining your ranks.
PS Sean, this is agreat site. Congratulations.

Jim Marquardt

E-27 For Sale

I have an E27, a 1976 model, that I could sell! Make me an offer. . . I am in Newport Beach CA, in Southern California, about 50 miles south of Los Angeles. The boat is in GREAT condition, with Inboard Atomic 4, and tiller steering. New upholstery, bottom paint & varnish. Lots of sails, they are about 5 yrs old. Asking $10k for now. Jim s/v HALE KAI (then I'll start looking for an E-35 or E-38)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
By posting to a nation-wide list like this, you may find that the "boat of your dreams" is a thousand miles away (!). FWIW, when we bought our present boat in late '94, we had it trucked home from SF Bay to Portland, OR. Trucking cost was lowered by finding a boat delivery company looking for a load so they would not have an "empty back haul" to my area. This cut the price nearly in half over the first quote. Also, for an E-27, you may be able to borow or rent a double-axle trailor and bring it home yourself. Many good 3/4 ton pickups could handle the gtw. This is just something to consider when you are shopping beyond your normal cruising area. I even have a friend in Portland who found his perfect Ericson in San Diego and had it trucked to Portland. Get bids from some boat haulers and then see how much this affects the price you need to pay for the boat. For a really good Ericson with well-thought-out upgrades, distance may not be much of a disadvantage afterall.
Happy hunting!
We were "boatless in Portland" for a year before finding our Olson 34, way down in San Francisco. Up to a point, traveling to dock walk and boat shop was a load of fun, too.
Loren

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
How Much to Haul It?

On this site, we have a link to http://www.boatsexpress.com who can give you a quote for hauling it across the US (I reccommend a drink and nice chair before reading it though).

You can also post to the NE Regional board on this site, and let them know you want one....

Thanks for your comments as well!