• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for Bow cap for rub rail for e27

Ray LeFevre

Hello all,
I' looking for the bow cap for my e27 rubrail. Anyone have one they want to part with or know where I can get one?

Thanking you in advance.
Ray :egrin:

rob m

if you have the old one . . .

get it sand blasted and powdercoated (find a powdercoater in the yellow pages and they may be able to do the whole job or recommend a blaster)

powder coating is a heavy plastic paint melted on in an oven, which has a finish similar to a polyeurethane paint, very hard and shiny. makes a very strong bond with the underlying substrate.

I just had the bow and stern caps done with 4 spin chocks (7 pcs total), 3 heavy coats of powder, and the whole deal was about $80~90 canadian, which i think is less than the cost of any one of the single parts.

looks very good, but not quite new due to previous pitting in the aluminum, but i figure i will just scratch it up with the anchor soon enough.

Ray LeFevre

bow cap

Rob,
Thanks for the reply. I dont have the original bow cap as the boat had some light bow damage when it contacted a jetty.
I have plans on powder coating.
Thanks again
Ray