• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for E27 owners

tooblaaave

Member I
Hello folks,
I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with lerning bout my 1978 E27. My survey came back better then average, I have a yanmar 8hp diesel, I have tons of questions about this boat, she sails great even with what looks like the original main. so I need one of those and dont know where to start. So if any on is willing to impart info and expertice let my know Nic:egrin::confused:

Jarod

Member III
I am a fellow E27 owner north of you in Vancouver, BC. I think I know every inch of my boat after bringing my boat back from years of neglect. There are many knowledgable folks around here. I learned a ton just by reading old posts it was a great way to learn about my boat in the first year of ownership. I look forward to seeing some pics of your new baby...they are great boats.

Welcome to the group.

Jarod

*** Oh and with respect to sails ..I am getting a new main this year and I will likely go with a new "budget" sail from The Sail Warehouse (online). The opinions are mixed as to the quality but some have been quite happy with their products so I am going to take a chance, keep in mind I am just a laid back gunkholer...no racing, offshore etc etc.

Last edited:

chasandjudy

chas and judy
new sails

:egrin:
Hello folks,
I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with lerning bout my 1978 E27. My survey came back etter then average, I have a yanmar 8hp diesel, I have tons of questions about this boat, she sails great even with what looks like the origianl Main. so I need one of those and dont know where to start. So if any on is willing to impart info and expertice let my know Nic:egrin::confused:

Best sails and prices in Canada I have and a few other ericson owners in Victoria Call collect Wayne Gooderham 1-800 250 4625 he give you all the facts about your E 27 and the best prices especially if you order noe and do not want them till Feb or March . As much as 30% off tell him I tld you to give him a call He is in Toronto Canada (they do not sail in the winter)
www.shorelinesails.com phone me @ Victoria B.C. 250-888-4503 or home
250 478 3669 better still come over to Vancouver Island , inspect my sails and go sailing. I race my E 30+ every Sunday and anyone is welcome.
or see you at the next rendezvous in Port Townsend on the fouth of July 2009

Chas and Judi Eden E 30+ # 720

tremellose

Member I
New E27 Operator

Hello,

I recently brought my sister's E27 over from Vancouver to the Island and am learning lots! We took a day to bring her to Nanaimo and from there I brought her with a friend to French Creek; where, just outside Parksville I grounded the boat. I have no sailing experience or boating experience and wish I would have given my head a shake - so I thought everything was ok but there is about a gallon of water coming in per day so she's coming back out of the water anyday to fix my screw-up.

Now that I've been reading some books on sailing I realize just how much risk I was taking (not to mention having a friend with me with no experience either.) So I'm slowing down now, doing some clean-up and repairs and will be enrolling in the next Power Squadron course (to begin with.)

I just took the mainsail off today so I could take a good look at it; a few of the slugs had broken off so I'll need to look at how to attach new ones - they appear to have been sewn.

Well, other than feeling a little shameful for not taking things a little more seriously from the start - I'm still excited about learning and experiencing sailing.

e38sailorman

Member II
tooblaaave,

There are several E boats in the area and several here in Gig Harbor, come down to Millville Marina, Dick has a 27, he is a good guy and could impart "27 Knowledge" there is also a 29 a 32 and my 38 in the marina. If you want to contact Dick PM me and I'll get his phone number for you.

Marc
E38 WaveWalker
Gig Harbor Wa.