• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking out my window...

Emerald

Checked on Emerald on my way into the office - grabbed the bottom half of my foul weather gear for the afternoon check (already wearing top half). Tidal surge is not too bad - just hitting the decking of the pier - looks like might be over the deck by a foot or so when all done - don't know why I grabbed my boots as I'll probably end up walking out barefoot if the tide meets my expectations late this afternoon.

But, Sunday looks hopeful for some sailing, maybe :rolleyes:

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

CaptnNero

Accelerant
We're well over high tide levels here. I'm going to check on the boat. I'll report on the level when I return.

I don't expect much chop for the marinas in Rockhold Creek since they added another jetty at Herring Bay this spring. Now the water looks as cloudy as the Amazon but at least we have more protection.

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Yeah... we are supposed to be doing race week up in Naptown this weekend. Should be interesting. The 36.7 I race on was supposed to get delivered up there today- not happening. We're just going to skip Saturday racing and do Sun-Mon.
Have to go check on sump pump:0305_alar

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Thomas Point was showing gusts to 30 this am. If only it were from the south I would ditch work right now and help you get the 36.7 up here. Not a great day to beat up the bay though... Checked on Escape Plan around 7:30 this morning. Tide was about 18" below the pier. I am guessing it will go over the top. Anyone heard any estimates about the extent of surge? I was hoping to go cruising this weekend but with the little ones on board we are in wait and see mode. I don't think we are going to get much in the way of breeze. Teh wind site was showing 30's for the lower bay later today and tonight but doesnt sound like much above 30-35kts. Good breeze to test out trysails and storm jibs. Too bad I have neither...

CaptnNero

Accelerant
plus one foot

At the 10am high tide we were about one foot above normal at Herrington Harbor North. I just came home and the back roads are full of stuff up to 1" diameter blowing off of the trees.