• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

M12 injectors

Pronto

Hello,

I purchased ‘88 Ericson 26 with the Universal M12 engine that was abused: not run in probably 10 years. This was discovered after thoroughly searching the no- start (strong cranking) condition and luckily met someone who knew the history.
The injectors we’re removed to try cleaning but can only be partially disassembled so looking for replacements. I understand the engine is basically the Kubata tractor engine and did order suggested injectors however those were too large.
I’ve done everything else to clean up the fuel system: drained old fuel and installed two access panels to clean tank and rebuilt the primary fuel filter. Boat in good condition otherwise, although plumbing system needed rebuild.

Any suggestions of injector identification and possibly supplier appreciated.

Cheers,
Neal

Last edited:

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Maybe try to find your local Kubota tractor dealer and take the old injector to their parts department? I have obtained a number of parts for old tractors and my Universal Diesel there.

Jerry VB

E32-3 / M-25XP
The Kubota block ID is molded into the block, probably on the port side. This site has a PDF of Universal engine IDs vs. blocks. According to that, the M12 is either the Z-400 or Z-430. Once you identify the block, search for a Kubota tractor that uses that block (see below). At that point you can go to a Kubota dealer and ask for injectors for the tractor in question - their part numbers and cross references are all based on tractor models, not block models.

Z400 => G3200 riding mower
Z430 => G4200 riding mower

Pronto

The Kubota block ID is molded into the block, probably on the port side. This site has a PDF of Universal engine IDs vs. blocks. According to that, the M12 is either the Z-400 or Z-430. Once you identify the block, search for a Kubota tractor that uses that block (see below). At that point you can go to a Kubota dealer and ask for injectors for the tractor in question - their part numbers and cross references are all based on tractor models, not block models.

Z400 => G3200 riding mower
Z430 => G4200 riding mower
Thanks for the help.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
My 87' 28/2 has the Z400 block. I rebuilt it four years ago and got parts through a local Kubota dealer.