• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Marine Swap Meet Nov. 11th Cabrillo Marina

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Cabrillo Marina annual Marine Swap Meet is scheduled for Saturday, Nov 11, from 7:00am to 12pm at our parking lot, located at 224 Whalers Walk San Pedro CA 90731.

Vendors will be selling both new and used marine equipment.

Selling spaces are still available. Spaces are $20 for used stuff and $35 for NEW Commercial (retail) vendors.

Here are the details:

WHAT: Annual Marine Swap Meet.

WHEN: Nov. 11, 2017 from 7:00am to 12pm.

Attachments

• Marine Swap Meet.jpg
    Marine Swap Meet.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 72

Glyn Judson

Not another swap meet!

Jeff, You're going to push me into bankruptcy with these alerts! I went to the one in Oxnard last Saturday and came home with a fine vintage Ideal MCW windlass, one of which I already have on our boat. So offered it up to another group of E31 owners on the east coast and one of them snatched it up like lightning. As a matter of fact it should arrive at his home in Annapolis MD today. I couldn't believe my ears when the seller told me he was asking only $60.00 for it when they typically can have a tag of well over $1,000.00 used on eBay, photo of mine attached. Are you back on the water again, if so an Ericson? Saw Eddie with his pups in the Isthmus this summer, twice. All the best, Glyn

Attachments

• Hull #55, Ideal MCW Ideal windlass & Deck hardware***.jpg
    Hull #55, Ideal MCW Ideal windlass & Deck hardware***.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 61

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Jeff, You're going to push me into bankruptcy with these alerts! I went to the one in Oxnard last Saturday and came home with a fine vintage Ideal MCW windlass, one of which I already have on our boat. So offered it up to another group of E31 owners on the east coast and one of them snatched it up like lightning. As a matter of fact it should arrive at his home in Annapolis MD today. I couldn't believe my ears when the seller told me he was asking only $60.00 for it when they typically can have a tag of well over $1,000.00 used on eBay, photo of mine attached. Are you back on the water again, if so an Ericson? Saw Eddie with his pups in the Isthmus this summer, twice. All the best, Glyn

Glad to be of service Glyn. Hope you and Marylyn as well as Dawn Treader are all fairing well.

Nope not back on the water yet, although I do still have access to the Pride of Cucamonga, I have not had much time. Taking a bit of a sabbatical from sailing. I have been very involved with some community groups doing volunteer work. I still have my eye on the prize though. Looked at a few boats of the likes I wish to retire on. One was a E-39B. Also looked at a Mason 33 and a Westsail 32. Taking my time and enjoying time apart from boat maintenance and slip fees, but also doing some down sizing by selling off stuff from my home. Pretty daunting task. Using Craig’s List and Facebook Marketplace to sell things of value. At some point I will have a Estate sale. I have made a decision to wait to purchase my next boat after my 18 year / 7 month old cat “Buck” passes. Don’t want to submit him to life aboard. He suffers from a bit of innocence and don’t want the new vessel to be subjected to cat urine. After Buck passes I will be putting my house on the market and plan to live aboard. Then it’s full speed ahead to get my dream boat.

As for Eddie aka Capt. UpChuck we had a falling out. Eddie has never been quite right in the head. He called my employer last year and told them that I was spending time on Facebook when I should be working. Well my employer just laughed and said it was not worth reporting to HR but he was concerned about me.

As for these swap meet alerts I do get them from Facebook and other sailing sites. Speaking of Facebook I am still the administrator of both the Ericson Sailboat Owner’s FB page and the Ericson 27 Owner’s pages. I monitor them regularly and offer answers to questions I may be of assistance to. Both those pages have grown quite significantly. The Ericosn Sailboat Owner’s page has 218 members and the Ericson 27 Owner’s page has 170 members. But I don’t see you there.

Anyway Beam Winds for now and Happy Marine Swap Meet Hunting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ericsonsailboatowners/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ericson27Owners/

-Skipper Jeff

Last edited: