• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Maxprop specs for 32-3?

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Any 32-3 owners with an M25 and a 3 blade Maxprop have their specs handy? My 2 blade fixed is "15RH12" which either means 15" diameter and 12 degrees of pitch, or vice versa...

Going to a 3 blade, would I need less diameter?

p.gazibara

Member III
With a maxprop, the pitch is variable. You can set it by taking it apart and lining up some letters. Give them a ring, they are very helpful in answering questions.

They helped me sort the right pitch for our electric drive when I hauled out a couple months ago.

-P

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The 15" is the diameter, and sized same as the stock two blade fixed prop for our Olson.
Do not reduce the diameter; that's a key determinate to putting max torque to the water.

Note that the new standard MaxProp can have its pitch adjusted externally, which is a major good thing.
You will love the extra power from the three blade prop in short seas. We went from about 6.5 under power to 7.0.

Mark David

Member II
Geoff,

I installed a Maxprop two seasons ago on my 32-2 and knowing that the pitch was adjustable, I kept the same diameter as the original.

My intention with to try and keep similar engine loads and operating RPM range.

Many years ago a family friend replaced a fixed prop with a folding prop. The diameter of the prop needed to be reduced so it would clear the E32-2 rudder when folded. However, the smaller prop seemed to need the engine to spin 'faster' and the life of that A4 was dramatically reduced.

Maybe something to consider.....

Mark

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Thanks all, I ordered the 15" 3-blade Maxprop, finally. Now to figure out how to pre-load the idea in my gf's mind before it arrives :)