• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Memorial from a Son Of A Sailor.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Memorial from a Son Of A Sailor. My Father and Sailing Mentor William F. Asbury passed away a week ago Sunday at the age of 90 in Olympia Washington. We sailed probably thousands of miles together. This is my on the water Memorial to a Great Sailor and even better Father.

http://youtu.be/DyGX3k8Ro8M

Attachments

• Son Of A Sailor.jpg
    Son Of A Sailor.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thank you for sharing. That was from the heart, and reminds me once again how much I miss my father, too.

Loren

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Jeff,

Thank you for sharing that. You are one blessed man having such a wonderful father and mentor. I'm sure he is smiling down on that wonderful tribute.

Rick

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thank you Gentleman. I know many of you could probably relate, and probably also got into sailing as part of a family tradition. Sailing can create the strongest of bonds between a father and son.

GregB

Member II
Raising a glass...

Just lost my pop last month. Tough stuff. raising a glass to your dad.

Cheers

G

old salt joseph

old salt joseph
Lost my dad in 2005. You have allowed me to recall some amazing memories. I'll raise a glass to your father and mine. My father was a sailor in the Navy, not on my sweet Ericson 34, unforturately. A proud cheer to you and your father on his passing. Sincerely, Joe

Lucky Dog

Member III
Nice, thanks for sharing. My dad taught me about sailing also. He never learned the names of anything. But when he said a pull the what chama call it, he always ment the same thing.
God bless and thanks again for adding a fresh breeze to old memories.

MMLOGAN

Member III
Touching Tribute

Jeff,

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure your Dad is smiling on you and the Pride of Cucamonga.

Beam Winds!

great Dads

My brother passed way before his time, and he knew it was coming. I remember him telling me that down the road he wanted his young son to smile when he looked back and thought "I remember when Dad and I .......". He was a heck of a man, and your Dad surely was, too.