• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

moyermarine.com

Saverio

Member III
Hi all of you, do any Vikings know this Company? on April 13 ordered and paid for gaskets and screws for the oberdorfer pump, sent by mail, they say shipped, trace results from April 28 around Usps. but here in Italy still nothing!!! Thank you. Xavier

paul culver

Member III
I haven't ordered a lot from them but never had a problem when I did. They are the ultimate authority for all things Atomic 4 and they even talk to you on the phone.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Is there a way to track the delivery on-line? Normally a vendor sends me an email showing the tracking number that I can click on and follow the progress of the package.

Saverio

Member III
Yes, of course!! They sent me emails with tracking, but it only stops in the USA, beyond that you can't see anything

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yes, of course!! They sent me emails with tracking, but it only stops in the USA, beyond that you can't see anything
Hmmm..... a few years ago I bought some small parts from a UK chandler, and I recall that the tracking worked, and it only took 5 days to arrive in Portland OR, from the UK. (I surmised that it must have arrived in the daily flight of one or more 747 cargo jets that comes in from all over the world. I moor almost beneath the glide path for PDX, and we can watch planes all the time...
)
Usually the vendor has a tracking number/code, and that usually points to a way to click on the tracking site for the actual delivery company, like FedX or UPS. I hope that your package gets to you soon.

Pete the Cat

Member III
Problems I have had with foreign delivery of parts has almost always been customs. The way cruisers avoid this is to have a friend going through with enough documentation (fill out form of the yacht name, country of registry and current location) that the parts are for a "yacht in transit" as this is covered under international law and generally escapes duties and customs delays. FWIW. Probably not your situation but for those who cruise.......

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I do a fair bit on international shipping, and it is quite possible that the items are sitting in Italian customs waiting for an import fee to be paid, but the shipping company has not bothered to tell the recipient, something I have encountered more than once (although not in Italy).

The other option is to see if there is insurance on the shipping, since if it is tracked and has not been delivered then it would be possible to make a claim.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Last edited:

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Moyer Marine is highly reputable and honest.
I dropped off my A4 at Moyer a number of years ago, but before the job was done I was called up for two years of active duty. When I returned I contacted Moyer repeatedly and each time was told that my case would be investigated, but never heard anything further. I am still out of pocket by a four figure sum.

Saverio

Member III
never had anything like this!!! I bought many spare parts on Ebay for another boat with a yanmar engine, they came from Australia and the USA, never any problems, I think moyermarine.com are Scammers

Saverio

Member III
I sent 4 emails, I asked for photos of proof of shipping, no response, luckily I didn't buy other very expensive things!! by now the shipment has already been reported missing, I will order with Ebay, you need 4 screws + oberdorfer sea water pump gasket.!!!

Saverio

Member III
Ciao Saverio,
Solo per informarti: abbiamo ricevuto il tuo ordine n. 23-13903 ed è ora in fase di elaborazione:

[Ordine n. 23-13903] (13 aprile 2023)​

ProdottoQuantitàPrezzo
Guarnizione piastra posteriore pompa acqua, Oberdorfer 201M3$ 9,00
Vite pattino camma con "O" ring per pompa Oberdorfer4$ 31,00
Totale parziale:$ 40,00
Spedizione:$ 34,20 tramite USPS - Servizio internazionale di pacchetti di prima classe
Imposta:$ 0,00
Metodo di pagamento:Carta di credito
Totale:$ 74,20

Indirizzo di fatturazione​

Dotta
Saverio Raiolo
Via setti 722
San Pietro in Casale
BOLOGNA
Italia
+393775209247
saverio.r@alice.it

Indirizzo di spedizione​

Dotta
Saverio Raiolo
Via setti 722
San Pietro in Casale
BOLOGNA
Italia
+393775209247
Grazie per aver utilizzato moyermarine.com!
Grazie per il vostro ordine!

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Having ordered a plethora of Vespa parts from Italy and other European countries over the past several years I can confirm that customs is very often the source of inexplicable delays, often well in excess of the month that seems to be the case here.

I have also been a Moyer customer for 20+ years and have been very well-cared-for via online orders and telephone conversations with Don himself and Stephen, his son-in-law, who I believe has been running the parts business day-to-day for some time.

If Moyer has provided some degree of tracking through 28 April it would seem that there is no reason to be blaming or accusing them for a situation with a simpler and more obvious explanation. There also seems to be no point to airing further issues about your experience with a vendor here when that vendor has a website, a forum, a phone number, and an email address to more directly pursue the issue.

Gareth…I don’t know what to say about your case. How long ago was this and have you ever followed up with Stephen? Don had a long career in the Air Force before adopting the A4 as his pet project and I would expect there to be quite a bit of familiarity with active duty activation.

Saverio

Member III
La mia esperienza con Moyer Marine negli ultimi 18 anni rispecchia le offerte.
Avendo ordinato una pletora di ricambi Vespa dall'Italia e da altri paesi europei negli ultimi anni, posso confermare che la dogana è molto spesso fonte di ritardi inspiegabili, spesso ben oltre il mese che sembra essere il caso qui.

Sono anche un cliente Moyer da oltre 20 anni e sono stato molto ben curato, tramite ordini online e conversazioni telefoniche con Don stesso e Stephen, suo genero, che credo abbia gestito la giornata lavorativa dei ricambi- oggi da qualche tempo.

Se Moyer ha fornito un certo grado di monitoraggio fino al 28 aprile, sembrerebbe che non ci sia motivo di incolparli o accusarli per una situazione con una spiegazione più semplice e più ovvia. Inoltre, sembra non avere senso trasmettere ulteriori problemi sulla tua esperienza con un fornitore qui quando quel fornitore ha un sito Web, un forum, un numero di telefono e un indirizzo e-mail per perseguire più direttamente il problema.

Gareth... non so cosa dire del tuo caso. Quanto tempo fa è stato e hai mai seguito Stephen? Don ha avuto una lunga carriera nell'Air Force prima di adottare l'A4 come suo progetto preferito e mi aspetto che ci sia un po' di familiarità con l'attivazione del servizio attivo.
Avendo ordinato una pletora di ricambi Vespa dall'Italia e da altri paesi europei negli ultimi anni, posso confermare che la dogana è molto spesso fonte di ritardi inspiegabili, spesso ben oltre il mese che sembra essere il caso qui.

Sono anche un cliente Moyer da oltre 20 anni e sono stato molto ben curato, tramite ordini online e conversazioni telefoniche con Don stesso e Stephen, suo genero, che credo abbia gestito la giornata lavorativa dei ricambi- oggi da qualche tempo.

Se Moyer ha fornito un certo grado di monitoraggio fino al 28 aprile, sembrerebbe che non ci sia motivo di incolparli o accusarli per una situazione con una spiegazione più semplice e più ovvia. Inoltre, sembra non avere senso trasmettere ulteriori problemi sulla tua esperienza con un fornitore qui quando quel fornitore ha un sito Web, un forum, un numero di telefono e un indirizzo e-mail per perseguire più direttamente il problema.

Gareth... non so cosa dire del tuo caso. Quanto tempo fa è stato e hai mai seguito Stephen? Don ha avuto una lunga carriera nell'Air Force prima di adottare l'A4 come suo progetto preferito e mi aspetto che ci sia un po' di familiarità con l'attivazione del servizio attivo.
inviate 4 mail, ho chiesto foto della prova di spedizione, nessuna risposta, per fortuna non ho comprato altre cose molto costose!! ormai la spedizione è già stata segnalata mancante, ordinerò con Ebay, servono 4 viti + guarnizione pompa acqua mare oberdorfer.!!!

Last edited:

Parrothead

Member III
After reading your posts it's clear to me you're done with Moyer Marine so my best advice is find another source. Italy would be a good place to start to avoid international shipping then broaden the search until you find what you're looking for.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Gareth…I don’t know what to say about your case. How long ago was this and have you ever followed up with Stephen? Don had a long career in the Air Force before adopting the A4 as his pet project and I would expect there to be quite a bit of familiarity with active duty activation.
When I got my orders I spoke to Don who told me that he would sell the engine and give me the money.

When I asked him about the money after my return more than two years later, twice, he had no memory of it, and said that he would look into it and get back to me, but didn't, twice. My disabilities prevented me from taking legal action.

Solarken

Member II
Ciao Saverio,
Solo per informarti: abbiamo ricevuto il tuo ordine n. 23-13903 ed è ora in fase di elaborazione:

[Ordine n. 23-13903] (13 aprile 2023)​

ProdottoQuantitàPrezzo
Guarnizione piastra posteriore pompa acqua, Oberdorfer 201M3$ 9,00
Vite pattino camma con "O" ring per pompa Oberdorfer4$ 31,00
Totale parziale:$ 40,00
Spedizione:$ 34,20 tramite USPS - Servizio internazionale di pacchetti di prima classe
Imposta:$ 0,00
Metodo di pagamento:Carta di credito
Totale:$ 74,20

Indirizzo di fatturazione​

Dotta
Saverio Raiolo
Via setti 722
San Pietro in Casale
BOLOGNA
Italia
+393775209247
saverio.r@alice.it

Indirizzo di spedizione​

Dotta
Saverio Raiolo
Via setti 722
San Pietro in Casale
BOLOGNA
Italia
+393775209247
Grazie per aver utilizzato moyermarine.com!
Grazie per il vostro ordine!
Can anyone translate???

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Per Google Translate: "Just to let you know: We have received your order no. 23-13903 and is now being processed: "
_________
At some point in time, like perhaps about now, a person might file a complaint with their credit card company and "dispute" the charges, and then their account would be credited. I have done this once in a decade... and it was kind of like the "the final option" but it worked for me.
I had kept copies of my communications/emails with the vendor and noted their lack of any response.

Last edited: