• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Mystery Water in TAFG (Solved, Sort of)

nquigley

Sustaining Member
For the record, here is Ericson on the TAFG:
This reminded me to share a potentially useful storage area that's created by the TAFG.
While I was researching ways to route heavy power cables for my windlass installation, I wondered if there was a route through the bilge between the anchor well and the head. In the very forward end of the 32-3 forepeak is a small storage pocket that's part of the hull liner/TAFG - about 24x12x12". I cut a 6" hole in the bottom to access the area under the storage pocket - the hull is about 10" below this pocket in that area. I made an interesting archeological find right under my inspection port - a large plastic bag containing ~100 1" ss screws - but I did not find anything akin to Drake's Passage for my windlass cables. I popped in a water-tight inspection port and moved on. But, this 'hidden' space might be a good place to store booty that you don't want boarding pirates to find easily (interpret this however you wish) - it extends back to the set of drawers under the forward berth - accessible also by pulling out the bottom drawer ... which is where my through-hull depth sensor is mounted.

Attachments

• hidden forepeak storage1.JPG
    hidden forepeak storage1.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 22
  • hidden forepeak storage2.JPG
    hidden forepeak storage2.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 21

peaman

Sustaining Member
In the very forward end of the 32-3 forepeak is a small storage pocket that's part of the hull liner/TAFG - about 24x12x12". I cut a 6" hole in the bottom to access the area under the storage pocket - the hull is about 10" below this pocket in that area.
I wonder if the chain locker drain tube is visible or accessible through that inspection port?

jtsai

Member III
To access the chain locker drain tube, you will need the inspection port on the vertical wall. See post here ...