• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Navigation table ice box backing up with water (32-200)

SRoyall

Old to Sailing - new to my Ericson 32-200
I lifted the cover on the navigation ice box today to find 10 inches of water. I emptied it only to realize water was seeping up through the drain hole. I cannot find where this is supposed to drain. It does not appear to go to the bilge. Temporary plugged. Any experience with this would be appreciated thanks

Bolo

Contributing Partner
What’s a “navigation ice box”? I have a E32~3 so I’m not familiar with the E32-200 cabin layout in detail.

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
On the 32-300, the same foot pump that pumps salt water into the sink can pump the icebox dry (it also pumps the icebox into the sink, which then drains under the galley). There is a set of valves under the galley. To pump the icebox, the intake through-hull must be closed and a second valve (to the icebox) must be opened. Leave this second valve open, and water, then mold, will fill the ice-box.

This same setup can be used to winterize the sink foot-pump. Pour RV antifreeze into the bottom of the ice-box and you can pump it through the foot-pump and sink faucet.

SRoyall

Ha. Well I have never seen an ice box that did not drain into a bilge so this had me going. I just bought the boat in spring of this year. The valves were set such that using the foot pump was filling the ice box. All good now. Thanks for the advise.

I Sailed from Saint Clair Shores Michigan up the st Clair river, across Huron around Tobermory and down into Owen Sound. I’ve sailed my entire life. This is the best “sailing” boat I have ever owned. Absolutely rock solid in a blow. Outside of Tobermory I had the main reefed, Jenny at about 25% and was bouncing between 6.5-7 k. Just can’t say enough about how well it sails. Now if the ports would all just stop leaking:)

SRoyall

Thanks, for now I am just enjoying our too short sailing season, I will be looking up threads on that in the off season.

Took this pic last night, anchored off White Cloud Island in Georgian Bay.

IMG_2538.jpg