• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need Datamarine S200DL Depth Display

Patti Wood

Member I
Hi All,

Recently got myself a sweet little E27, here in the SF Bay area. My first boat, and I'm really having fun, enjoying the sailing and the projects (well, most of 'em!!!). I'm really happy with my Ericson.

My old Datamarine depth gauge doesn't work. The transducer's good - I hooked it up to a borrowed gauge to test it - so the problem is definitely the gauge. No numbers display. Does anybody have one of those lying around that works, I'd like to buy it from you. Richardson bay, where I keep my boat, is very shallow, I sure would feel more secure knowing where the bottom is!!!

Patti Wood

Member I
Hi, thanks Shadowfax, yes I have followed similar threads in this forum and know about DMI - thank you for the endorsement of their services. I certainly will send in my unit to be repaired as a last resort...however, thought I'd check to see if anybody here wants to get rid of their gauge that they have replaced with a newer unit...the repair/refurbish and shipping/handling will cost a few hundred bucks - which is fine and worth it, but again, I'd prefer to buy a discarded but functional unit from somebody who doesn't want to toss it in the landfill. Others here have offered their used gauges, so I thought it w - orth a shot. But thanks for your help!!!!

tcalef

Hi,

Are you still looking for datamarine gauges? I have a bunch of stuff (i just aquired all of datamarines old stock). Let me know what you need and we'll figure out a price.

-Tom

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi,

Are you still looking for datamarine gauges? I have a bunch of stuff (i just aquired all of datamarines old stock). Let me know what you need and we'll figure out a price.

-Tom

Tom, What is your relationship with the company known at "DMI"?

(There are lots of old Datamarine instruments still out there, some working fine, and some... not so much.)

Thanks,
Loren

tcalef

I'm not sure if it was DMI that I got all the stuff from or not. I was looking for electrical components (i'm an electrical engineer) and found that there was a company that was getting rid of all their old stock. He said that he was the former owner of Datamarine (he purchased it in like 2001 i think). So I don't really have a relationship with them. I just have all the parts, schematics, and old stock that they had. Doing this stuff for a while now, I've put together quite a few of the systems, and have repaired some also. So now I'm doing this on the side, to see if I can help some people out.

-Tom

Patti Wood

Member I
Datamarine

Thanks for your offer, Tom,

Per others' on this board recommendations, I ended up sending my instrument head to DMI for repair and was very happy with the service, response, and price. It's working now, which comes in pretty handy in Richardson Bay in Sausalito.

It's very cool if you can utilize some of the old parts, and if you'd been here when I needed a gauge, it would have been great to get a refurbished or new Datamarine, rather than replace my gauge with something newer and smaller than the hole in the bulkhead. Hope you can make a go of it.