• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need GPS Data Cable

joerun26

Member II
I have a Magellan GPS Model 5200 DX in my cabin which I sometimes use as a backup (primary GPS is a Garmin unit in the cockpit). Like many of you, I would like to use the electronic charts available on my laptop, but can't find a data cable to connect my laptop to the Magellan unit. I called Magellan and they do not support the old units and provided no alternate solutions (not even a wiring diagram so I could make my own plug). I need a round 6 pin on one end and a USB or Serial connector on the other. I'm hoping someone has some old cable laying around that they would sell, or can provide an alternate solution. I could feed a signal from the cockpit unit, but I prefer to have 2 independant sources.

Thanks,
Joe
"Tenacious"
35-3

joerun26

Member II
No Luck

Charlie,
Thanks for the suggestion. It was worth a try, but they only deal with Garmin cables. I'll probably replace it with a Garmin at some point, but since its a backup it'll have to wait (there are other higher priority items competing for the same dollars)...
joe