• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New battery bank on a 35-2

boethius27

Member II
Currently our 35-2 only has 2 dual purpose batteries, located under the quarterberth. These are barely enough to get us through a weekend at the islands. Or at the least, I don't feel safe using just these two for anything much longer than that.

I've come across a good deal on 4 Trojan 6 volt 225 Ah batteries from an acquaintance here in the marina. A really good deal. That said, I am getting them from him tomorrow and plan to put them underneath the steps in front of that little door that leads to under the cockpit. I'll have to restructure the door to be smaller and build a nice box under the steps so everything is housed all nice and purty and solid. I will still have plenty of access to under the cockpit via the quarterberth where I have already installed bigger-than-me sized access panel.

Any reason why I shouldn't put the batteries (240 lbs total) in that space? Or is there a better space someone can think of? I have the layout with the A4 under the settee and a big void under the steps. I'll be keeping the two smaller batteries under the quarter berth as a starting bank and use the new ones as a house bank.

Thanks in advance!