• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New E25 Centerboard and Rudder

Steve Swann

Member III
Just a note to say that my new E25 centerboard and rudder worked flawlessly (pics were shown in a previous post). The new centerboard, made out of High Density Plastic with a lead-weighted tip (about 50# total weight of the board) was a joy to work with. Just a quick pull with the hands and up it came. My 11 year-old neice raised it without the winch. This was the first time we have used the new stuff. Also, the new kick-up rudder performed wonderfully.

It is nice to see that technology has changed our thinking and that new replacement boat parts are superior to what we had in the 70's. Certainly the boat is faster with the new sails and boards in the water and our 25 will continue to give miles of smiles for many more years to come.

Anyone with a 25 would benefit from a new set of these from Idasailor Marine.

Steve Swann
E25 Seahorse
Boise, ID

jmpirate

Great!!

That's great to hear!! After seeing your post, I decided to place my order, the original one had split in several places, and required the use of a hydraulic jack to remove it. I can't wait to mount it, and give it a try!

I am very impressed with the quality of the board, and it was only a three week wait from order to delivery.

This is probably another good contact to keep on the new site.

Bob in Va

Member III
Sounds like a great source

That's really good to hear, Steve. Wish I had known about these guys several years (and several built-from-scratch units) ago. Did they put the weight in the board, or did you do that part? Isn't it nice not to worry about tearing a winch off while raising the board?

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder

Steve Swann

Member III
Sean,

Will do the Idasailor Marine vendor link this week for you.

Bob in VA: Idasailor drilled 3 holes 1" diameter about 12" deep into the tip of the centerboard and filled with hot lead. The tip was re-welded shut so that no water can touch the lead.

JMPIRATE: You made a smart choice!

Steve Swann
Boise, ID