• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New E29 Owners! - Nashville, TN

My wife and I just purchased our first Sailboat. An immaculate 1976 E29. Unfortunately she is stored behind 5 much larger boats in a heated warehouse in Sandusky, OH. We can't wait till the spring when we can finally have her shipped down to us in Tennessee and start spending every weekend aboard her. We are on a 4 year plan to sell everything and move aboard. We will most definitely move to a larger model at that time but from what we've heard the Ericson's are very stout, great sailing vessels. We are going to make a few trips up to OH to add a few ammenities to the boat while she is in storage so that she will be ripe to go when we get her down. We re-Christened her "The Blue Heeler".
It was great to find this site and all the wonderful support and information. Can't wait to get more actively involved in this wonderful community!!!

Thanks Again!!
Bart and Cheri
boat.jpg

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Welcome

Glad to have you aboard the board. Looks like you chose a good boat. At least you can get aboard and work/dream this winter.

Cheers,

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Congrats & Welcome!

Hey Bart and Cheri -

Welcome to the family - enjoy your boat - she's quite the 'showroom beauty queen' right now, eh? Where in TN are you guys planning on sailing?

Make sure to take lots of images of your projects - and stay in touch with us, as owners here are all interested in your progress, etc...

Happy Holidays!
//sse

Thanks for the replies. This is our first boat ever, although we've been on a few. We are going to keep it at Pebble Isle Marina on Kentucky lake. We'll have about 200miles of lake length to sail in and if we get froggy, can take it on down the Tenn-Tom waterway to the Gulf.

We just visited the marina again today and put down our deposit to hold the only open slip they have available. They were having their Christmas Extravaganza and all the boats were decorated and they were having fireworks tonight.

We feel blessed to be able to have this boat and the new friends that it will lead us to.

Thanks for the posts!!!!!
Bart and Cheri

Here's one shot from the Marina today.
dogboat.jpg

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Kentucky Lake, TN

Wow - that's some lake (below)! Looks like you have lots of coves and places to go to...you'll have an excellent time!

You'll have to submit something for the 'Land-Locked' regional page once the new site is up... :D

//sse

Attachments

• KentuckyLakeTN.jpg
    KentuckyLakeTN.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 63

Mindscape

Member III
Welcome!!!

Congrats on your first boat! Don't let the project list get in the way of sailing her:egrin: Keep us posted on the sailing on Kentucky Lake and have fun!!!

SAILSHIGH

Member III
Welcome

B and C,

Welcome to the family. I also have a E 29. 1975 though. Mine also came from Sandusky Ohio, Now in Grand Lake Oklahoma. She looks great!! This is the best owners forum for sailing I have ever seen. You will really enjoy it..

I hope the spring brings you plenty of windy days.

Boat Drinks,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

HGSail

Member III
Bart & Cheri

Welcome to the E29 Club. You will find her to be a GREAT boat!!!

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole

We should have named her Patience since we have to wait till April to get her out of the indoor storage!!! We have to change the color of the stripe to blue to match the new name of The Blue Heeler. My wife is working on the logo in Adobe so that we can add it to our signature!!

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!! :egrin:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
You started with a great boat. She looks to be in great condition.
I spent over twenty weekends this season on Rumkin my E29 tall rig and loved every minute.
Hope you love your 29 as much as I love Rumkin