• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New E34T Owner

sv_naidia

Member II
After a few months of searching and deciding, I closed today on the purchase of a 1978 E34T, #119. Many of you may remember the boat that won the Sail Magazine/Boatworks "Bailout" contest.... This is the boat. Essentially, in 2006, the boat underwent an almost complete 2 year makeover. About the only component not replaced was the Yanmar which still purrs.

I have decided to add a few new toys to make her more cruise friendly and almost complete are a new Norcold Ice Box conversion, Slimline Hot Water Heater and head shower/sump install. I also added a 13 gallon fresh water bladder tank under the quarter berth to offset the weight of the other new components to starboard. Also being added is a lewmar bow roller and 22lb Delta anchor. Northsails has ordered the Tidewater Marine "Fast Track" system for the main as well as fabricating their Northsails "Quickcover" sail pack/lazyjack system.

Thanks to all who have given great advice over the last few months as I have asked fellow Vikings for your insight and knowledge as I was in the deciding mode. A special thanks to Seth and Mark A for all your excellent input. I am anxious to get her launched and out sailing. She will live in Jamestown, RI for the summer and then I will head south for the winter. I would welcome any emails from fellow Viking owners in the NE area as meeting up on a mooring or two in the coming months would be fun.

As the projects and launch preparations near completion, I will upload pictures and updates along the way. My first boat was an E30 and after 16 years, I'm happy to be back in the Viking camp.

Happy Sailing.....:egrin::egrin::egrin:

--Ron Mahan
S/V "Lauren B"
'78 Ericson 34T, #119
Jamestown, RI

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thanks for the update!
That's a cool looking model, very distinctive.
Apropos of whatever, the E-34T that sat at a brokers for a year in PDX just sold -- must be spring in the air!

When you get a moment, post some pictures of the boat and the projects done or in the works.

Cheers,
LB
:egrin:

sv_naidia

Member II
S/V Lauren B pics

Hi Loren,

Thanks for your words and yes, spring is definitely in the air. Very distinctive look indeed... I am attaching some pics of the boat.

The entire rig was replaced and as you can see from the pics, there are some nice upgrades like the new Edson Steering Pedestal and associated Raymarine Radar, C90 and ST60 displays (I agree with Seth that the placement of the ST60 displays on the pedestal look kind of powerboatish but I'm not complaining). She also has an ST6000 autopilot with a wireless remote. All the hatches and ports have been replaced. The hatches are lewmars and all the ports are new and all are opening ports with screens. A new custom sea hood and companion way hatch was fabricated. As you can see from the cockpit picture, the original primary winch pedestals have been removed which really opens up the cockpit seating. There are now 2 primary 50st winches outside of the combing and 2 halyard/reefing 40st winches on the cabin top. A new fuel and water tank as well as a 20 gallon holding tank under the Vberth with an electric macerator pumpout was added. The boat was completely re wired. All lights in the cabin have been converted to LED's.

Here is a link to the video produced by Sail Magazine which gives the background of the project and some cool sailing footage back in 2008....

http://sailmagazine.com/videos/video_boatworks_bailout_maiden_voyage/

I will send some pics of the current projects over the weekend as things come together. :egrin::egrin::egrin:

Attachments

• 048-10.jpg
    048-10.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 042-9.jpg
    042-9.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 043-9.jpg
    043-9.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 044-9.jpg
    044-9.jpg