• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Ericson Owner

Keiffer

Member II
Thanks to everyone for the input over the past several months while I searched for my first Ericson. Starting this past Wednesday my wife and I covered 2500 miles in five days: Atlanta, GA to Detroit, MI to Long Island, NY to Roanoke, VA and back to Atlanta...

As of Saturday we are the proud owners of the Emerald Lady – An Ericson 31 Independence,Hull #55. Currently in VA, waiting to be transported to Lake Lanier, just north of Atlanta.

Keiffer J Phillips

Last edited by a moderator:

Emerald

Hi,

I was aware that something was afoot with Hull #55, and it's great to hear that it has all come together and you are the new owners. I think, unbiased opinion of course :devil:, that the Independence 31 is one of the nicest boats Ericson built. Now, something that I find amusing is how is it with a total of 69 hulls built, my hull (#44) gets named Emerald and you are Emerald Lady? I am the second owner and know that she's always been Emerald. And you?.....

Small world - welcome aboard.

Last edited:

Keiffer

Member II
Correction

Correction - mine is actually hull number 51 NOT hull number 55.

(Just a little positive thinking on my part) my new purchase is in desperate need of some TLC.

Keiffer

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
Congratulations Keiffer

Sounds as though you looked at more then just the three models of Ericson and still settled on the Independence 31.
Suggest you make contact with Glyn Judson at <glynjudson@roadrunner.com> at your convenience. Glyn is keeper of the Ericson Independence 31 Owners' Log. He might well have some information/ history on Hull 51 for you.
Between myself, David in Annapolis and Glyn in California, we've lived with I-31s' for a number of years now and can offer model specific insight to solving most any issues you come up against.
Welcome, welcome and enjoy.

Keiffer

Member II
Great support

Greg,

I have been in touch with Glyn throught my buying process. He is the only person I know who answers the phone every time I call! Having a support group of current owners to call on for advice is great. I am sure I will be calling.

When I try and log on to Glyns e31 specific site I can only get on about 20% of the time. Does anyone else have that problem or it is something on my end? like and old lap top.

Keiffer

Keiffer

Member II
Boat Name

Emerald,

I dont have a long history on the the Emerald Lady as of yet. I do know the owner previous to the one I purchased from gave her the currnet paint scheme and named her. I am told he became ill shortly after purchasing the boat and passed away.

I am not sure if I will re-name or stick with the Emerald Lady, right now I have other issues to deal with - like me being in Atlanta and the boat being in Virginia.

Keiffer

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Welcome

Hi - and Welcome!

I moved your thread to the Raftup Section - and have noticed it messed up your text - which really confuses me - and will take a look at it in a few hours. I'll probably modify your text so it's readable - but want to figure out why it did this....

Anyhow - enjoy your new boat - the E31 is a great boat!

//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
'net puzzlement

When I try and log on to Glyns e31 specific site I can only get on about 20% of the time. Does anyone else have that problem or it is something on my end? like and old lap top.
Keiffer

I just tried to log onto the site ( http://e31.no-ip.com/ ) and got a bounce = "Safari can’t open the page http://e31.no-ip.com/ because the server where this page is located isn’t responding."

This one ( http://home.comcast.net/~independence31/ ) loads fine, though.

Goodness Gracious, those are attractive boats!
:)

Loren

Last edited:

Greg Ross

Not the newest member
The Independence 31 "No-IP" Site is a Bust

Keiffer,
The http://e31.no-ip.com/ Site Web Master is Brian/ another I 31 owner I believe in the Chicago area. The Site seems to only be accessable on a extremely infrequent basis. If I understand correctly Brian has the Site operating off a computer Server at home, obviously not a stable or reliable set-up apparently.
I've suggested several times that since the Independence 31 is such a small Fleet (+ or - 70 Hulls) we'd be far better off being moved under the umbrella of say the Ericson Owners' Site "Hint, Hint".
So far I haven't been successful getting Seans' or Glyns' attention with this suggestion. With so few active Owners the devoted Site just isn't viable, unfortunately.

Keiffer

Member II
Independence 31 site

Greg,

Far be it from me to jump in and start making suggestions as the new guy on the block but with no further knowledge of the situation I second your "HINT"

I love this site and have great admiration for anyone who is willing to put in the time and effort necessary to make it a success. I also have a keen interest in Glyns's e31 site and enjoy reading it over and over.

I just wish I could get on more than once a week. Combining the two seems like a - well there I go close to making a suggestion.

They are both great and I can work within whatever system or circumstances are put befor me.

Thanks Sean and Glyn.