• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New member seeking Ericson 39 info

nightworker

Hi,

Congratulations on a very good owners site - one of the best I've seen. I'm a middle aged kiwi, based in HK, with a nice, elderly but in good condition, kauri H-28 in NZ in the care of my extended family (I was back for a while and thought I'd stay but got a good offer to come back to HK where I've lived more or less continuously for two decades). I've owned a teak 30 ft Alden malabar Jr, a 40 ft steel roberts, and a 50 ft hardwood Malaysian junk ketch in the past 20 years. I've done about 6,000 miles offshore on various deliveries etc. Although I race frequently on weekends, I am feeling a bit boatless and find my eyes idly straying to boat brokerage ads. As my wife says, boat people are maniacs!

Noticed there is a 71 Ericson 39 potentially for sale in the region. I have downloaded the specs/brochure etc of this model from your web site. However, I would be grateful if anyone who owns one would direct me to any specific reviews of the boat under sail, and in particular, if they could identify any specific common weak points that should be looked out for on these older boats. I gather both hull, and decks are balsa cored and wondered what sort of delamination problems if any people have had and any other major issues that tend to be typical. About how many of these boats were built and were many of the 39B's built? Any info either online or direct to my email would be most appreciated.

Very many thanks.

David