• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New official owner!

Glyn Judson

(Happy) New official owner.

Adam, Congratulations, she looks simply lovely and I know you'll have the time of your life sailing her. Welcome aboard, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

davisr

Member III
Congrats Adam. Glad that everything worked out for you in the purchase. Nice to have another E25, cb, owner on the forum. There are about about 7 of us total from my rough estimate.

She looks like she has been well cared for. I did, though, notice what appears to be some sort of burned material on the headliner. This is in the photo that shows the electrical panel and battery switch. I know that the stove is located right here. Did the previous owner have a flare up from a pressurized alcohol stove? Just curious. I have one of these types of stoves. I plan to replace it with a more up-to-date alcohol stove.

Best,
Roscoe

adamd

Member II
Congrats Adam. Glad that everything worked out for you in the purchase. Nice to have another E25, cb, owner on the forum. There are about about 7 of us total from my rough estimate.

She looks like she has been well cared for. I did, though, notice what appears to be some sort of burned material on the headliner. This is in the photo that shows the electrical panel and battery switch. I know that the stove is located right here. Did the previous owner have a flare up from a pressurized alcohol stove? Just curious. I have one of these types of stoves. I plan to replace it with a more up-to-date alcohol stove.

Best,
Roscoe

Yeah there was some sort of flare up, there's some ghetto aluminum foil on there are well. It's on my list of things to check.

I also want to extent the port side settee the same way the starboard side does. I think they could meet in the middle and make a super king sized bed.

The head was a little bit of a letdown, it's old and yellow. It appears to have a self contained holding tank.. Do you know the brand? I think I will replace it with something newer. Maybe try to add a holding tank.

davisr

Member III
Yea, my head had one of those self-contained holding tanks too. I ripped it out. It was only for show, I guess in case the Coast Guard stopped the vessel. There was no way to pump anything out of the tank. I think that the owner just pumped it straight through the thru-hull rather than diverting it via the Y-valve to the holding tank first.

The head itself is nice, but rather dated. I will probably buy another rather than try to rebuild it.

That's another project . . . right now I am focused on electrical issues.

Roscoe