• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New owner E34-II Chicago

bkuchinic

Member II
Hello all, I'm posting a quick introduction as a new Ericson owner in the region.

I purchased a 1992 E34-II in December 2016 that I anticipate mooring at Monroe Harbor in Chicago (awaiting confirmation from Chicago Harbors). This is my first boat, presently known as "Lega-Sea" which will be renamed "NOMAD" (following protocol to avoid the wrath of Neptune). Of course I have 1,000 questions. I've found a lot of extremely useful information at ericsonyachts.org - including the original owner's manual. I look forward to participating in the forum - and to asking the group a few of those many questions.

Thank you,

Brad Kuchinic, Oak Park, IL

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi Brad,

Glad to have you aboard--and your late model PS Ericson.

Since we learn from each other here, no question is too small to excite the attention of members.

It helps to add your boat model, year of manu and engine to your signature line (Settings/Signature).

That streamlines responses because there are so many variations in the long history of Ericson and Olson.

Cheers,
Christian

Last edited:

Vagabond39

Member III
Welcome aboard

Brad:
Welcome Aboard.
I believe that I saw Nomad at Larsen's last fall. I am redoing the bottom of an E23 ii up there.
However, no comparison.
Bob

bkuchinic

Member II
Hello Bob!
Yes, NOMAD is in a cradle at Larsen's with "Lega-Sea" still painted on the transom. The boat is still in the "for sale" area. There are two other E-34's up there still for sale, both 1993's. What's the name of your boat? Maybe I'll see you up there in early May.
Brad

Brad:
Welcome Aboard.
I believe that I saw Nomad at Larsen's last fall. I am redoing the bottom of an E23 ii up there.
However, no comparison.
Bob

Vagabond39

Member III
Gypsy Rose

Brad:
Thanks for the reply. The Gypsy Rose is to the left of the gate, South of the for sale area. Burried between Rainbow and a souble ender, that looks like a fg version of British lifeboat,
The good thing about a little boat is that you can park it anywhere. And Larsen does tend to shuffle the deck. She's a 76, but 40 is younger than I am.
Bob

JSM

Member III
Brad, congrats and welcome to the clan. My Wife and I purchased an 87 34-200 from Larsen's last spring and love it. More than happy to help with any questions you have about the boat or the Chicago Harbor system.
If you like I can PM my phone number to you.

bkuchinic

Member II
Hello JSM,

Fantastic, thanks, and please do. I'd love to hear about your experience with your boat. What is her name and where will you be moored? The Chicago harbor folks told me numerous times I'll have no trouble getting my request for a mooring at North Monroe.

Brad

Brad, congrats and welcome to the clan. My Wife and I purchased an 87 34-200 from Larsen's last spring and love it. More than happy to help with any questions you have about the boat or the Chicago Harbor system.
If you like I can PM my phone number to you.

JSM

Member III
Brad, Pm sent. Boats name is Tortuga, we are moored at Montrose and store at Skyway Yachtworks.

John.

bkuchinic

Member II
Thank you John. I'll be in touch. I'm on a flight to the west coast at the moment. I have a sailing mentor / friend at Montrose (CheepNDeep II).

Brad, Pm sent. Boats name is Tortuga, we are moored at Montrose and store at Skyway Yachtworks.

John.