• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New sailboat search engine

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That's a clean looking boat - early one, with the Atkins Hoyle sliding hatch.
We once viewed a '79 model similarly equipped.
Engine seems to have been replaced once.
Price looks kind of average or even low, at under 50K US, but only a personal inspection will tell the tale.
Draft is stated to be over 11 feet, so no one is checking/editing listings.
Anyhow, nice pix.
Thanks!

racushman

O34 - Los Angeles
It looks like the engine is raw water cooled... so at that age one would have to price in a replacement.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Not sure we can believe that, given the sloppy specs listed. Most four-cylinder diesels on boats are fresh water cooled--I think. Photo shows a coolant manifold--I think.

This specimen has air conditioning (2017), upgraded traveler, all upgraded opening ports. Original early E38 configuration below, with split bench and probably the semi-enclosed quarterberth.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Per this earlier thread from 2009, that is a shoal draft version, if that is the owner that posted in the above thread. Boat name: Red Rover.
Of course he may have sold it.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Per this earlier thread from 2009, that is a shoal draft version, if that is the owner that posted in the above thread. Boat name: Red Rover.
Of course he may have sold it.
I bought Frank G's boat in 2012 - unfortunately, from his estate. It was called Molto Bene when he owned it.