• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New to me '85 E35...coming out for a bottom job, polished..its been in the lake for 5 years!!

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Plus some other things that need to be done on the hard:
IMG_3027.JPG
IMG_3029.JPG
IMG_3010.JPG
Great bones, no blisters, interior needs restoration...a real project! I will send some "after" pics in a week or so.Lake Travis, Austin.
I also want to thank all of you for helping answer questions...I also try to pay back from my mini knowledge base!

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
That's five years of growth? That's pretty nice - if I had left my boat in the (salt) water for five years, she would have had a forest growing off her hull! =)

//sse

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Sean: I am very familiar with salt water and its barnacles. Grew up in Corpus Christi with boats. Luckily (if you can call it that); there was an infusion underneath all that "greenery" of Zebra Mussels. The marina told me no blisters, but after a second pressure wash and upon closer examination...there were 3 (2-3 inches). New to me E35 is a work in progress which I should believe is perfectly normal.

debonAir

Member III
1911tex - pro tip: the fenders go on the side between the dock and the boat! :D
Looks nice and you've got plenty of shade. One thing I'd do is put some solar panels on that bimini unless you've got power on the dock there.
How easy is it to fold that bimini fwd to get some sun? Up North here I'd be too cold in the shade all the time but sure could use that in the drizzles.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
debonAir: Fenders are on both sides...after the bottom renew, I plan to put the fenders on both sides of the finger piers at my dock, instead of the boat; however, I do keep 3 Fenders on board when sailing. Yes, we do have power at the dock...For $10 a foot for 35'...it should have city hose water available also!...but can't have everything. Thanks!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
debonAir: Fenders are on both sides...after the bottom renew, I plan to put the fenders on both sides of the finger piers at my dock, instead of the boat; however, I do keep 3 Fenders on board when sailing. Yes, we do have power at the dock...For $10 a foot for 35'...it should have city hose water available also!...but can't have everything. Thanks!
Strictly in the FWIW vein.... friend of mine put together a free shipping deal on a group of these fenders, for three of us at the moorage. It is Really (!) Nice to no longer have to worry about our fenders being kicked up by contact with the dock edge when returning to the slip.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Loren..my boat dock neighbor just bought some that you recommend from Amazon..free shipping and prime discount:
I had just purchased 3 new boat fenders to carry on the boat deck when underway and will use those old ones in the picture above for the dock tied horizontal. I wish I had bought the one you recommended for the dock. I am always a day late and $ short.