• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New to the forum -- (soon) to be new Ericson owner

bjl_sailor

Hi All:

I've just put a deposit down on a 1997 Ericson 333 bult by Pacific Seacraft. pending the survey I will close on it shortly. The boat looks wonderful and I am very excited. My last boat was an old school Tartan 34 and this craft though 2 foot shorter seems quite a bit larger and seems to have quality throughout. I'm wondering if there are other owners out tehre with this design or simular. I am very much looking forward to getting out there. She is currently in CT but will morred either in RI or Boston harbor come the season.

thanks
bjl

Lucky Dog

Member III
Welcome...to the brotherhood as my wife calls it. A great, no, the best place to find information or ask questions.We have a good old boat that I took the cover off today, with some help of near by tornado the day before. No damage except to the tarp. Again welcome.ml

bjl_sailor

Jesscia_sue picts

Hi all:

These picts are from the brokerage listing.
This will (shortly) be my new baby. Question, the oiled teak interior looks pretty good and for the most part doesn't need any attention. The hand holds around the companion way and the companion way itself are a little blackened and water stained. -- What is the best way to clean dirty oiled teak and retreat it? -- I'm not ready to varnish the whole intnerior yet but may in the future as I love a glossy teak interior finish. For now the oiled teak look is fine.

cheers
bjl

Attachments

• jessica_sue1.jpg
    jessica_sue1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 48
  • jessica_sue2.jpg
    jessica_sue2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 52
  • jessica_sue3.jpg
    jessica_sue3.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 101
  • jessica_sue5.jpg
    jessica_sue5.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 104
  • jessica_sue6.jpg
    jessica_sue6.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 103

Mort Fligelman

Member III
My Teak Cleaning Method

Hi bjl:

Congrats on the new baby....looks like a winner.....enjoy it.....

Many years back a Lady who specialized in teak and mahogany boat trim finishing (her trade name was "Debbie Does Teak") told me that the least damage to the planet was to use Parsons Foaming Ammonia.......and if you could not get that to simply use any ammonia with an ounce of dish washing detergent mixed in and rub with the grain with a "FINE" Scotchbrite Pad.....just make sure you use heavy rubber gloves...

I have used this method for many years....does as good a job as most of the cleaners.....a lot cheaper....easier on the environment....and no big sweat if it has to be done a few times until it finally is super clean.....

I stopped using oil and Cetol and find that this works just fine.....on my outdoors teak.... unfortunately the PO of my boat varnished the interior, and I have been working to straighten it out.....I would have never varnished it.....just a major PIA...

Worth just what you are paying fro the advice....$0.00

Good luck and Best