• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Nice (ad) pictures of an E-37 for sale in Europe

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author

Handsome Ericson. Wrong side of the globe for many of us dreamers, tho,,,,
:egrin:

Last edited:

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
That's a real racing machine. An admirable winch farm. I wonder what the PHRF would be?
opblaasboot, fun word

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I wonder what the PHRF would be?
A quick look at a US Sailing d/b seems to show a range of 120 to 132. To me, that's a pretty 'fast' area. Somewhere around115 to 120 is about what my Olson might rate in some regions (fastest I know for an O-34 is 99).
My surmise is that the design is fast upwind and points high, but I have never sailed one.

Pete the Cat

Member III
Only issue i take with Bruce King is his penchant for canted vs horizontal decks. I cannot imagine crewing on that boat--I did crew on some big boats back in the IOR days-- and more than once cursed him for the canted brow over the portlights on my 32-200 that seem to want to pitch me overboard in any kind of sea. If you think about it, it is much better to be pitched toward the center and rigging of the boat. He is the only designer I have seen who seemed to incorporate this into his designs. I suppose it adds the eye appeal of his boats, but not to the safety.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Maybe it's just me, but I have long thought that is one of the sexiest deck profiles ever.

ETA I raced on a couple of them, back when dinosaurs roamed, and the camber isn't bad as long as you stay on the high-side :p