• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Noob question for new mounting board

dhill

Member III
No, I have a 50 gallon newer tank under 90% of the starboard settee and a 40 gallon original tank under the V birth. When I was first thinking of relocating the batteries the goal was to help balance out the boat with the 50 gallon tank full. Now that I've decided to go with lithium, I'm not getting as much weight to offset the 50 gallon tank. One nice benefit is the aft section of the port settee is a lot easier to access then the outboard section.

You might be able to add a starting battery to the compartment under the nav desk seat. That would free up a little room in the standard battery compartment. If you're looking for more room, my boat has a large unused space on the port side of the V birth just forward of the shower bulkhead. I would have to cut an access hole to get around the drawers to use it, but it's an easier spot to route battery cables to. I considered this spot for the holding tank when I replaced it, but ultimately decided to keep it where it was.

I used Total Boat Bilge paint. I have enough left over that I will use it for a few other lockers, but I don't recommend it. It's really difficult to put on thin enough to dry quickly. ultimately it will dry hard and durable, but that takes a long time where it ends up a little thick.

Thanks @trickdhat . My starter battery is actually under my nav station seat, but that leaves space for only two house batteries under the aft portion of the port side settee. I’m considering upgrading to Firefly batteries at some point, which will help usable battery capacity. Would be great to add more, though.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Here's the final install of the shelf and batteries. The shelf is screwed to the cleats I epoxies to the hull and to a cleat on the back of the settee plywood. Tabbing the plywood to the hull would have been stronger, but I wanted to be able to remove the shelf if I needed to accesses that small area underneath.
20220522_182020.jpg20220521_104120.jpg20220521_184605.jpg

The self has t-nuts where 1/4“ threaded rod is secured with nuts on both sides

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Great install. That's a nice clean solution for holding the batteries in place.