• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Norcross Marine Depth Sounder Fail

wynkoop

Member III
Decided to split this out to a stand alone thread.

I bought a Norcross depth sounder on the promise that it would install by gluing the transducer to the hull.

My first attempt with the unit was to attach it to my existing transducer. That was a fail. Then I tried the unit with the supplied transducer over the side to verify the unit worked. It showed 12 feet, which was what I expected at my slip.

Next I tried the "test" of the glue in install as detailed here - https://support.norcrossmarine.com/...In-Transducer-Instructions-with-Illustrations

No joy on the test, so of course I did not glue it in. If I need to change the through hull transducer I want to do it while I have the boat out of the water now. I last pulled 7 years ago and I expect it will be another 7 before I pull her.

Norcross does not respond, even to my request for transducer swap.

The manual that I downloaded from their web site gives no frequency specs for the unit. It gives no info on the transducer. This is more than a little upsetting.

My current transducer was used by my original 1974 depth sounder, and the replacement I purchased in the 1990's.

It sure would be nice to know what the Norcross unit wants for transducer specs. I wonder why Norcross fears interacting with customers.

Tenders mentioned something about toilet seal wax, but honestly I could not follow his brief set of instructions in the other thread. I will however be googling the subject to see if I can get some more solid info.

wynkoop

Member III
Well since my last unit was a Raymarine I suspect my old transducer is 200Khz. The manual for my Norcross unit does not mention frequency....UGH.

I hate manuals with no real info!