• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Norfolk Marinas

Ericsean

Member III
I'm contemplating relocation from NY - to work in the Norfolk Area. Might be another E-38 in the Chesepeake Bay area.
Anyway, I was hopng for advice on the best place t settle in , for both family & boat, in the Hampton Roads area.

Love to get invloved in beer can racing if I go down there. I'll be looking for temp. space, & was actually considering staying on the boat short term, while looking for a house/condo/aprtment, I don't now what. Don't need to live on the water as long as I'm close to a reasonable marina.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks, Kevin Padden
1980 E-38 Rettsie,

Gary Peterson

Marine Guy
Kevin,
I just retired from Western Branch Diesel in Portsmouth, VA.
They own Virginia Boat and Yacht Service and Marina.
It is on the Elizabeth River's Western Branch (Duh....) It is not a fancy place but there a few live aboards and the price is reasonable. Very nice people. 757-673-7120 will get you the main operator. There are marinas around that you could pay as much as you want and there are some reasonable ones. Waterside, Tidewater Marina, Ocean Marine, etc.
If you call WBD, tell Connie or Anne that the "Darned Yankee, (me) sent you.

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Ditto the above. There is some nice sailing in the Chesapeake, and the Atlantic is not far away for longer cruising.

My knowledge of the marinas and beer can races is only of those run by the navy, so I may not be able to help much, but the one thing I will warn you of first is not to plan on cummuting through any of the tunnels under the waterways around the area, as they all are permanent traffic jams.

Gareth
Freyja E35 £241 1972