• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Oh, no! Heat exchanger connection bent

windblown

Member III
Attaching the last hose on my water heater installation, I had the clamp placed incorrectly, and this happened when I was tightening it. Perhaps it's time for a new heat exchanger, but any ideas about what I might do to get a good hose connection for tomorrow's launch appointment?20220515_180543.jpg

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Attaching the last hose on my water heater installation, I had the clamp placed incorrectly, and this happened when I was tightening it. Perhaps it's time for a new heat exchanger, but any ideas about what I might do to get a good hose connection for tomorrow's launch appointment?View attachment 42884
Hi,
Heat exchangers can last many years if they are cleaned and serviced periodically. The bend in your pic looks pretty slight, and I think copper is fairly soft, so I would take a small needle nose pliers and very gently bend it back into shape.
There is a product in a yellow tube called Seal All, available in most hardware stores. It is a good sealant, yet allows subsequent removal. I would smear a small amount on the heat exchanger and on the inside of the hose, reinstall the hose and clamp, keep an eye on it to check for any leak, but I think it will be fine.
Frank