• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Oil Pressure Indicator [and Temperature Circuit Board]

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Does anyone make a combo switch and pressure sensor unit?

Not that I've seen. The senders tend to be much larger in size than the small switches so they might not always fit directly on the engine block.

Two separate units provides redundancy though. To me that's better than losing both indications at the same time.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Confirmed that my old oil pressure switch is bad. Touching the lead to the block makes the buzzer buzz when ignition is on. When the lead is on the switch, no buzzing.

I added a separate buzzer for the block temperature switch (photo). How can I test that switch?

block temperature switch  on Universal 5432.JPG

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
I added a separate buzzer for the block temperature switch (photo). How can I test that switch?
The block temp switch is hard to test. I only tested mine once, when I first installed it. With a 2" heat exchanger, I can get get my engine temp to rise by "plowing" through the water at max rpms. Was able to trigger it like that.

If testing again, I'd probably get the engine up to normal temp and blast a blow-dryer or heat gun at the sensor.