• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Olson 34 Drawing/Blueprint

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Some discussion here: https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/threads/ericson-38-drawing.17868/

The trouble with line drawings off the Internet is that they break down when blown up, whereas what we need is a clean rendering. There must be an easy way, and somebody needs to find it.

You might try Vector Magic, recommended above. This drawing was improved by their software. Maybe if you pay the $10 the result is even better. (this is a screenshot and .jpg, not a downloaded .svg file)

vectorized.JPG

Last edited:

Slick470

Member III
I don't think a nice clean accurate version exists for the Olson 34, unless someone took the trouble to make one. This is also the case for the Olson 911S so I ended up tracing the Ericson brochure version that can be found online in AutoCAD and cleaning it up. Not that hard to do, but a bit tedious and time consuming to make it look right.

67rway

Member II
More a rendition than clean/accurate, but you're welcome to use it.

You're shirt company may want an .EPS file instead, which I believe I have available. Feel free to mssg me for it. The company I used was concerned about the lines being too narrow, but it worked fine.

Attachments

• Sail Boat Final.pdf
    815 KB · Views: 34

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I have a boat show dealer flyer that is accurate, but the rez is low. The actual Ericson brochure must have been a preproduction item, because the keel and rudder are wrong, and so is the port light layout.
The interior layout was depicted accurately in both drawings, however.

Sad, but all this was happening a couple years before EY closed their doors.

Here is the accurate copy from my album here:

Last edited:

Popeye*

Thank you everyone! My wife is using photoshop to design a blueprint with the help of the drawings you provided, I will upload the final rendering here once she's finished.

Does anybody have a good design of the Olson 34 "O34" logo? I found one of the Olson logo (thanks Loren), but cannot find one of the O34.