• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Olson 34 Tuning Guide

Cbuydos

Member I
Hi everyone,

My father & I are new owners of an Olson 34, Hull # 31. We are based up in CT on Long Island Sound. Trying to get a jump start on learning the ins and outs of the boat. Don’t want to reinvent the wheel and since there seems to be a good community online here for the boat I am wondering if a tuning guide & polars might be floating around for the boat. Any information that can be shared will be greatly appreciated. Also, are there any graphic files with the Olson logo available. Need to replace the logo on the boat and order some crew gear.

Chris & Jim Buydos
Olson 34 - Magan

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If this attaches OK, this is the one that probably is/was on either side of the cabin, just above the aft opening ports. (Our boat model did not come with the standard EY helmet-horns decal on the aft hull side, AFAIK.)

ps: I used drag-n-drop to post this attachment. The new site software is quite an upgrade! Thanks Sean !!! :)

Attachments

• Olson 34 logo.pdf
    31 KB · Views: 14

Cbuydos

Member I
Thank you Loren! You just saved me a great deal of time trying to recreate in illustrator!

The word on the street is that the you are the go to person on the Olson 34. I know there is a good amount of info. on the boat in the forum. Are there some key posts that you could direct me to that would be good to review on the boat?

Chris

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi Chris,
A belated Welcome (!) to the site.
:egrin:
Over the years, the best method for searching the site has been to use Google, but this new site software should also have an improved search engine of its own. There are some very talented Olson and Ericson owners posting up projects and solutions here. You will find that like the Ericson-labeld power panel on your boat, all of the systems and parts/pieces were off the shelf at Ericson Yachts. The woodwork and cabinetry was right out of their shop, too. High end material and workmanship.
We were very lucky in finding our boat, not realizing at the time just how much better the construction and finishing out was than the mass of "HuntaCataBenalina's" that make up the low and middle part of the used boat population. Having spent some quality time upgrading and replacing some older systems in the nether regions of our boat and then helping friends with with boats I Really Appreciate what I have!

Here, you can do searches on my name and there are other quite number of other Olson 34 owners with great posts. Any Ericson built in the late 80's will have the same parts as your boat, BTW.
About half of my photos in my blogs have been reattached to their narratives after the recent site migration, and Sean is laboring to finish this tedious work on mine and lots of other blogs.

Post up some photos when you can.
Also, which engine? Universal M25XP?

Cheers,
Loren

Cbuydos

Member I
Thank you for the welcome and the outline of the site. Looks like I have some reading to do. The boat is currently covered an in the process of a cosmetic refreshing. I will have some images later this summer to share once she is cleaned up. Yes, we have the Universal M25XP.

Chris