Only 5 weekend left for sailing

Navman

Member III
As time is running out on the season, leaving me with only 5 weekends left, I wanted to put it out there that this Friday I will be heading South from Worton Creek toward South River or West river on Friday, Annapolis or Dobbins Island on Saturday and back to Worton Creek on Sunday. Any E owners who want to get out once more and do a "sail along" , raft up, or just hang out and shoot the breeze, let me know. I am going solo as it presently stands but may pick up one other for the trip. Let me know your thoughts if interested!!
 

Navman

Member III
Yea, a little nippy but the winds! oh the winds on Friday! Out of the NW 20+ KNOTS! I am planning to get blown down to Solomons Island on Friday, then the winds shift on Saturday and will take me right back to Annapolis or if I choose, Dobbins Island, and then on Sunday home to Worton. Looks like I might be solo on this one. I am waiting to hear from 2 prospective crew.
 

steven

Member III
alas, we are out for the winter so cannot. (I haul every third year to fix all the broken stuff).
Hoping for an early launch in the spring and maybe connect on the water then.

--Steve
 

mjsouleman

Member III
Moderator
Don,

Discovery and I will be day sailing Sunday and Monday between West River and the Choptank. I'll be hailing.

MJS
 

Navman

Member III
I was very warm all night long. The heater worked great. It was 66 degrees in the cabin most of he night. LOVELY SUNSET LAST NIGHT AND SUNRISE THIS MORNING. I dropped hook in the Rhode river last night. I just was not going o make it to Solomons before dark. The Rhode is a very nice spo this time of year. It was my first time here. Am currently off of the Sevren just north of Thomas Point lighthouse. NO WIND!!! They missed this one. Have been hailing MJS but no reply. I guess I will go to Annapolis and see if i can get a pump out and fuel. Then i will decide where to spend the night.
 

mjsouleman

Member III
Moderator
Sails Down

One last romp with Discovery today, Herrington Harbor to Sp;arks Island, back to Chesapeke beach, out to Bloody point and home agina to Herrington Harbor.

Sails are down and hopefully discovery is ready for her winter upgrades. Upgrades include:

replace water lines and add water filter
soda blast bottom, repair blister (last look 24 small on the bow), 5 barrier cote coats, one/two coats bottom paint
new 135 gib and upgrade rigging

OPINIONS?

I saw an iridium satellite phone posted for $100 with accessories - is this too good to be true?

MJS
 

Navman

Member III
The OptimistII was also out sailing today. Linda and I got a late start so ended up anchoring for the night in Still Pond. We are out through Monday. I will be back down next weekend to try on my new main sail and take her out for a test drive. Bit nippy out right now.
 
Top