• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Original China

Chris Mc.

Member III
Or should I say, Chicago?

Noting my ship has the original dinette set, it sparked my curiosity how many others still have the same dining fare that conveyed with their purchase.

Ingrid Ltd.
Chicago

I don’t mind washing dishing & sure beats the hell out of soggy paper plates!

Attachments

• 3E630056-50EF-4BF7-9327-28E9D7710290.jpeg
    3E630056-50EF-4BF7-9327-28E9D7710290.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 27

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Or should I say, Chicago?

Noting my ship has the original dinette set, it sparked my curiosity how many others still have the same dining fare that conveyed with their purchase.

Ingrid Ltd.
Chicago

I don’t mind washing dishing & sure beats the hell out of soggy paper plates!
This is very interesting. I found one of those (quite thick) plates and assumed it was a thrift store purchase by a previous owner.

NOW YOU TELL ME THEY ARE ERICSON HERITAGE PLATES?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
First I have heard of EY putting "OEM" place settings on their boats, but they could had done, or a dealer could have done.
:confused:
Never will forget our first visit aboard a 30-something Dufour, back in the late 70's and it had factory china with the company logo fired into each plate and bowl. We thought it was Way Cool at the time.... !

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
We had a stack of plates that looked like that in the early seventies - they were designed with little tabs so that you could snap a disposable paper plate on top, but the plastic provided enough support to load it WAY up at the BBQ Buffet. And never needed washing. Genius.

Chris Mc.

Member III
This is very interesting. I found one of those (quite thick) plates and assumed it was a thrift store purchase by a previous owner.

Heritage plates? Hmmm...maybe I have the last remaining complete set? (Grin)

Truth be known, I could be wrong. Seeing the plates, bowls, and cups were an excellent fit along with the quality I presumed it is original.