• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Original Cost of a 1986 32-3

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
The original cost of our 1984 E30+ based on records that came with our boat was about $55,000 US. That included most of the options available at that time. While the E32 would be substantially more, that may give you an starting point to figure it out--my guess would be about $75,000 for the larger two year newer boat. Others may be able to provide accurate figures.

Frank

Last edited:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Sam, you know what they say....if you have to ask, you can't afford it!

All kidding aside, as bad as the luxury tax was in the 80s that killed many great boatbuilders, it helped make it possible for us to afford these boats today.

Frank G

Member II
Here's my best recollection of a conversation with a current owner of an 86 32-3: He told me that the last year they were built was about 89 or 90, and at that time they were 120, or was it 130.
Seems about right.
I have an 85 32-3, and if someone offered me 120 I would think about it:egrin:

tadslc

Member III
I have a copy of a bill of sale from 1990. The base cost was $64,695.00. Add on $16,150.00 worth of optional equipment (sails, roller furling, upgraded winches, stove, Autohelm, cradle, etc.)

I believe this being hull # 765.