• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Outdoor Galley Enhancement

Filkee

Sustaining Member
On Aylwin, the oven doesn't work and the cabin is plenty hot in the summer so the grill on the back is where most of the cooking happens. That means the dripping happens on the transom and the cockpit seats. The admiral has been campaigning for some kind of table to be affixed to the rail in a place where more sporty folks might go for a jump seat. I was pondering buying some kind of serving tray an adding rail clips to the bottom but wanted to see if anyone else had come up with something wicked clever before I commit.IMG_1657.jpeg
And yes, I take the flag out before I start the fire.

gabriel

Live free or die hard
An attached table sounds like a ‘swell’ idea to me. Only thing cleaner than that would be to set up and cook in the dinghy. please share a picture of your setup once it’s done.

driftless

Member III
Blogs Author
I hang my kettle off the side instead of off the back. That way it drips right into the drink instead of onto the reverse transom. With your bimini it looks like you could clamp the grill right to the stub where your lifelines attach and still have good access. Not sure of the cockpit layout in the 32. I stand in the T when captaining the grill and am out of the way of the stern ladder. Works well when folks are jumping in the water while the weenies roast.
That said I do like your table idea too.

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
I hang my kettle off the side instead of off the back. That way it drips right into the drink instead of onto the reverse transom. With your bimini it looks like you could clamp the grill right to the stub where your lifelines attach and still have good access. Not sure of the cockpit layout in the 32. I stand in the T when captaining the grill and am out of the way of the stern ladder. Works well when folks are jumping in the water while the weenies roast.
That said I do like your table idea too.
Same here. Though depending which way the wind is blowing, and how strong it is, it doesn't guarantee a splatter-free transom. Or dinghy in a davits. Ask me how I know.

klb67pgh

Member III
I would go with rail clamps to be able to rotate the table up or down out of the way. I have sea dog plastic mounts w a knob for my rail mounted solar panel. They are a bit bulky but work. These look much more sleek and are intriguing.