• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Paint match for headliner?

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
I have a bad spot (about 2" diameter) on the vinyl headliner in the main cabin area which I would like to get rid of somehow. I have been told that one can paint vinyl, so I'm wondering if anyone has done this, and has a good paint match for the beige vinyl. Any other ideas would be appreciated--I don't want to replace the whole headliner--I did a search on "headliner" and found lots of good work, but none of it looked easy or inexpensive.
Thanks,
Frank

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Eastwood probably has the best selection of quality vinyl paint out there. You may be able to send them a small sample to color match.

I have used vinyl paint in the past when doing automotive restorations. It works very nicely if prepped and applied correctly. Go figure:rolleyes:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Thanks, Tim. I'm pretty good at following product directions, but any other tips to ensure success?
Frank

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I have not used this paint in many years and I am sure the prep has changed. Call Eastwood directly. They have very good tech support folks.

Application is pobably the same as most other paints. Many thin coats.

Last edited: